Yep, it’s been that kind of a day.

More Amazing People With Whom I Have Worked

9 thoughts on “April 24, 2020: That kind of day.

  1. Whenever I’m having one of those days, I try to remember I’ve been through a lot worse, and better days are sure to come.

    Right now, watching the vigil for the victims in Nova Scotia. 😭😭😭

  2. Love the coordinating pattern going on there. I LOVED Ron Murphy on Instagram and all he shared. I was riveted at him talking about his experiences. It was so cool and exactly what I needed that day. I am glad I didn’t miss that. I missed all the others; I’ve just been in a different world the last few weeks. I miss Patrick. This weekend is 5 weeks since he was allowed to come home. He doesn’t understand WhatsApp but we can see him and see that he is okay. I don’t know what he thinks about where his parents have gone. I don’t want him to think we’ve disappeared from his life.

    I have a question….how do you keep your mask the shape that it is? I got a mask from someone making them. I put it in the wash on both water (before I used it) and air-dried it. It shrank anywhere/

    But then my client was making them and she had a different pattern. It covered MUCH more of our faces. But it had new fabric smell. We again washed it, dried it on low and it shrank. It isn’t usable. I hate to let her know that too.

    Can you wash & dry yours? Or do you just wash and then hang dry? Or are you just spraying it with a disinefectant spray to keep the shape? I can’t ask the person (I know) who made these last two without possibly hurting their feelings.

  3. Thanks for sharing , you have most certainly worked with a lot of amazing people in your career.
    ~~and nice on the coordinated outfits. I have been making masks and I do like that color on you all!

  4. Joe, see your FB Messenger for my #Maskivist. You’re welcome to post it to the blog tomorrow.

    I challenge Joe’s followers to show their masks!

  5. Thank you Joe and all your blog follower friends here for all the kind words after the death of my mom. You are all very special people. Nothing is normal in this coronavirus pandemic. Because of all the restrictions there was no funeral. No viewing. No memorial service. No flowers. No nothing. My brother and I were only able to watch, from a distance, the workers at the DFW National Cemetery lower her casket into the ground. It was a beautiful sunny morning and a very quiet, solemn experience.

    I have not told my dad yet. This is making me sad. He has dementia and lives in a memory care facility. I am preparing to bring him to my house to live within the next month. I do not want him to live alone in that place without my mom or any family access. The pandemic has shut down all families from entering. I think he will understand but the date will not mean anything. I’m sure he will be asking me everyday where she is. I don’t want him to get depressed before I can take him out, plus I need a little time to order a special bed for him.

    I have been extremely busy with my mom’s final arrangements, clearing out a bedroom to make room for my dad, rearranging my living room so I can bring in his automatic reclining chair, clearing their house for a future sale, and all the never ending paperwork.

    And right now I’m on hold with Walmart for … 1 hour 35 minutes … trying to get a refund on an order I placed first of April for 100 masks that never came. The tracking on them just stopped after about 2 days. I bet someone stole them along the way realizing they could make a lot more money. I just placed a new order for 50 masks. It is costing me (are you sitting down?) $65.00 for shipping! I hope to get them next week. I need them. Can’t breathe with bandanas.

    By the way, your mom is precious. Glad Andria showed the written recipe. Your mom’s accent is so heavy, you might want to consider closed captioning. For all us southern girls.

    Thanks again EVERBODY for your thoughtful expressions.

    1. Ponytail: I haven’t been keeping up with the blog for a bit. I am so sorry to hear about your mom and can’t imagine what you are going through and went through with all the rules about funerals and COVID-19.

      I do, however, understand the separation of family under these circumstances. This weekend is now 5 weeks since we were able to touch Patrick or see him in person. We have a cell phone for him and we call him almost every night. He did some crying one Saturday and both our phones were in the office on mute at the time (which normally wouldn’t happen) so we called back an hour later. They had given him a tramadol and he was feeling much better so maybe it was a pre-seizure migraine. I have no idea this is going to go on. I was preparing myself for June. Jeff is preparing himself for July. I cry a lot about this separation but we can’t bring him home. He would bug Jeff incessantly all day and Jeff has to work for his employer. I can drive him around in a car, but if he has a seizure in the car, I wouldn’t be able to handle that. And they said they couldn’t guarantee when a spot would be open for him again. They had already had to close down a few houses because of staff quitting. When the time came that day hab was open again, I would have to do the 4-hour a day drive to and from if he was still living with us. So for us, he has to stay where he is–a heart-wrenching choice.

      I’m glad that you will be able to bring your dad home.

      Sending you light and love and hugs.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.