So they were like “Woohooo!”
And I was like “Huh?”
And they were like “Yeaaaahhhh!”
And I was like “Uhhhh…”
And they were like “Huzzaaaaah!”
And I was like “Yeah?”
And they were like “Wheeeeee!”
And I was like “Er…wooooo?”
And they were like “Eeeehaaaa!”
And I was like “Wazoooooo!”
And they were like “Waaaaheeeee!”
And I was like “Yahahahahoooeeeeeee!” and was halfway over the hill, waving my arms in celebration when they cleared their throats and asked “Uh, what’re you doing?”
They stared back at me.
A stony silence.
So, in a nutshell, that’s why I won’t be posting anymore behind the scene pics for now. Hopefully things can get straightened out quickly and we’ll be back on our way. “Yahahahahooooeeeeeeee!”
Hey, I’ve finally joined twitter revolution so that I too can assail you with the clipped, flip, and generally uninspired minutia of my daily existence. Or, more to the point, my dogs can – as the twitter account is in their names. So, rejoice! Every day, one of them will update their twitter by strolling across the keyboard and leaving a message. Tell your friends! Sign up to follow JellMaxBubLu! Feel free to leave questions but be sure to specify which dog (Jelly, Maximus, Bubba, or Lulu) you’re addressing. It all kicks off today with a message from Bubba: http://twitter.com/JellMaxBubLu
Jason Sizemore over at Apex Books directs me to a recent interview they did with Michael Shanks: http://apexbookcompany.com/apex-online/2009/05/interview-with-michael-shanks-co-star-of-stargate-sg-1/
To those of you Mark J. Ferrari fans, signed copies of The Book of Joby will be going on sale May 15th over at Conlan Press: http://www.conlanpress.com/
Chevron7 writes: “Re: pets in cabin? Ah the lovely aroma of cat pee and dog poop mixed with the sounds of birds tweeting and parrots chatting. Maybe it will take our minds of the turbulence etc. What next? Bring your pet to work day for the pilots?”
Answer: Ever had the pleasure of sharing a flight with a baby? My sister’s ex was on a flight on which the lady in front of him changed her overripe little darling right on the service tray. I don’t think it would be that hard to simply designate certain flights as pet-friendly, that way pet-owners can fly with their buddies while pet-haters (and, generally, borderline serial killers) can fly animal-free.
Chevron7 also writes: “How do you stay focussed working from home?”
Answer: At home, the only distractions are the dogs. And they don’t spend a lot of time sitting in your office, talking about golf.
Bailey writes: “ If you want to keep in touch with Martin Gero, follow him on Twitter.”
Answer: Twitter is the devil’s work. Not THE devil but one of the minor, significantly less interesting devils. You know, the one who invented baked soy chips.
Louis writes: “I was actually just curious though, is the weird food segment going to be coming back, or is it retired permanently?”
Answer: It’ll make it’s eventual return – once I find a weird enough food worth sampling.
Marsha R. writes: “Does Brie perhaps belong to someone who was in NM this week?”
AussieSGFan writes: “Aww, how old is Jelly? And the others?”
Answer: Jelly is 10, Maximus is 9, Bubba is 7, Lulu is almost 2. Brie is about 3 months.
Kanadra writes: “I see you are talking about a doing a comic book searies. will you be doing the art work as well?”
Answer: Nope. Neither Paul nor I can draw.
Arctic Goddess writes: “ 1) Do you follow anyone else’s blog?
2)Why are you so opposed to sites like Face Book and Twitter?
3) Have you ever eaten Prairie Oysters, Dolts or Fiddle Heads?
4) Do you have a favorite Canadian actor of the caliber of Graham Greene, Paul Gross, Dan Akyroyd, or Gordon Pinsent?”
Answers: 1. I do check on some blogs on occasion.
2. Do a search for facebook on this blog and you’ll be directed to my facebook rant. As for twitter – Really? Does the world need to know every time you change your shoes or spot a brown-headed cowbird? Unlike blogs which, for the most part, require an individual put in SOME effort in their bid to entertain or inform, the aptly named TWITter is little more than lazy a info-dump – DUMP being the operative word. This does not, of course, apply to animals twittering because their updates are the deepest and most meaningful of all.
Eve28 writes: “by not answering my last question, do you mean there is no possibility or hope?”
Answer: I don’t even remember what your last questions was.
Anais33 a ecrit: “1) Quand son vos prochaines vacance?
2)Croyez vous que vous avez beaucoup de fan dans le monde?
3) Le Destiny posséde des drônes pour attaquer ou d’autre arme?”
Reponses: 1) En Juillet.
2) Je ne sais pas.
3) D’autre armes.
Translation: 1) Next production hiatus is in July.
2) I have no ideas if I have many fans.
3) Destiny’s weapon systems do not make use of drones.
Major D. Davis writes: “1. Did you actually watch that 13 second video that had me in it(I had given you a link).
2. So the only reason we can’t see SGU pictures is because of MGM’s “Special Project”?
3. Speaking of the Special Project, when do you think we will see it?
4. Any new SGU episdoe titles you would care to share with us?
5. What is your favorite and least favorite food(please bear with me i am still pretty new)?
6. When do you think your short story will be released?”
Answers: 1. Yes. I was glued to my laptop screen through most of it.
2. No. That’s the only reason we can’t see Destiny pics.
3. No idea.
5. I really have no favorites. I hate tart.
MightyStarGazer writes: “In the SGA-movie, will there be any hand to hand combat-scenes?”