Wouldn’t that jar your preserves?
- This one was my father’s. He used to say it, with absolutely no sense of irony, on those occasions when something would burn his ass (another favorite expression of his).
- This one was my mother’s. I always assumed it was simply her Italian way of attempting “Shucks” until the day our neighbor told me: “Shuck? Who is your mind trying to kid?”
- One of many delightful Akemi-isms. As Martin Gero pointed out: “It actually makes sense.”
We’ll burn that bridge when we come to it.
- He may not be the original source, but I heard Executive Producer Elliot Sokolsky utter this little gem and I intended on making it my own.
- Another Akemi-ism. Definition: reeeaaally sleepy!
Don’t expect your parents or your money to last forever.
- This one comes our way via Akemi’s grandmother – apparently a very practical woman.
Wine is for drinking. Water is for washing your face.
- According to my uncle, this was the response his father gave his mother when she suggested he should try drinking something besides wine. Addendum: He passed away from liver failure at age 67.
He’s an expiring director!
- Guy I met the other night espousing unwitting pessimism in his son’s career choice.
Okay, the games aren’t yet over but I’m going to go ahead and project a Fantasy Football Championship win for Dark Matter Consulting Producer Ivon Bartok and his Running Dead. Congrats to Ivon – who will no doubt celebrate by bringing in a pretty impressive bottle for the next time of the Dark Matter whisky/ey club!