Success! I finished my rewrite of The Hunt, finally nailing that tricky fourth act scene. I’ll re-read it sometime this weekend and put it out on Tuesday after which my entire week will be free to spin episode 20, the season finale, that Paul will probably be writing (unless the approaching rewrites prove too time-consuming in which case I’ll be doing the honors).
Yesterday, I gave you a sneak peek at one of the super secret sets in progress. That was Stage 6. Today, check out the even cooler super secret set in progress on Stage 5…
I reminder that this month’s Book of the Month Club discussion fast approaches. If you’ve already secured your copies of the superhero-themed anthology, Masked, then finish up and start formulating your thoughts. If you haven’t picked up a copy yet – there’s still time! This is one discussion you won’t want to miss because, in addition to yours truly who will be fielding your questions on his contribution to the collection, other guests will include (schedule permitting): Paul Cornell, Gail Simone, James Maxey, Matthew Sturges, Marjorie M. Liu, Daryl Gregory, Mark Chadbourn and Lou Anders.
If you’re interested, editor Lou Anders and I discussed my story, “Downfall”, with Shaun Farrell over at Gateworld: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/09/joseph-mallozzi-breaks-into-print/
DasNdanger writes: “I really wish you had waited until October for the Maskeddiscussion. I fear I won’t be finished now.”
Answer: Well, at the very least weigh in on the stories you have read. I’m sure Gail would love to hear from you.
JulieAloha writes: “Are they going to incorporate the spiral staircase into the set?”
Answer: Nope. That’s a leftover from the Atlantis set.
Sean D. writes: “Is SGU season 2 episode 18 entitled “Radio” or “Epilogue”?”
Answer: Radio has been renamed to the far more appropriate Epilogue.
link022 writes: “Is the project arcturus had been totally abandoned by the ancients ?
Have they taken their ressearch during their exile of pégase to resume this one of the beginning and finish it ?”
Answers: Don’t know. Probably.
pg15 writes: “No Gauntlet for the season finale? Wonder why that is. It’s a pretty sweet name.”
Answer: It IS a sweet title – but no longer applicable.
Major D. Davis writes: “When are you shooting for a release of the trailer? Will it be released onto MGM.com or this blog?”
Answer: I hope to have it online everywhere the week prior to our premiere.
Paul Moody writes: “I’m ashamed of you; what happened to the ‘trio of deserts’ or ‘one of each item from the menu’ as normally seems to be the case when I read of your culinary escapes in your blog each day?!”
Answer: I’m trying to get in shape for my Tokyo trip in December. The last thing I need is for me to grow out of my suits halfway through my two week stay.
Dodoalda writes: “1) Few days ago you mentioned Joel Goldsmith and his musical score for one of S2 episodes (I don’t remember, which one is that. Is Joel preparing new “previously on” theme like he did for S1.5, or it’s going to be the same music?
2) When does the episode inculuding SGA guests start filming?
3) Can we expect any new cast promotional photos for season 2?”
Answers: 1) Joel has come up with something new.
2) Next week. I think.
chevron7 writes: ”
1.The production design of the alien creature reminded me of asabertooth tiger. Did they base the design on that?
2. I read an article where researchers designed a CAD system to study living and extinct organisms. Have you seen this?
3. We saw how Ashleigh was dressed, she looked very pretty….you did compliment her didn’t you? How were you dressed?
4. Is skipping dessert a first for you? I felt a rumble in the universe.
5. How have the other dogs reacted to Jelly’s new lease on life?
6. Care to share any good juicing recipes?
7. If the trailer is full of holy shit moments, what will we say holy shit to when it premieres? Oh and the super awesome news is that Aus are getting SGU only 3 days after the US.
8. AussieCon4, the World Science Fiction Convention is on at the moment. Anything you want?”
Answers: 1. Possibly. More of a questions for Production Designer James Robbins.
3. I was dressed casual – jeans and a dress shirt. I think the cufflinks were a giveaway though.
4. I’ve cut down on desserts, limiting myself to one a day. For the time being.
5. The other dogs certainly find her more annoying since the stem cell treatment. A lot more yappy.
6. Sorry, it’s been a while since I’ve juiced. I overdid it. Still, beets and ginger are a great start. Work your way up from there.
7. Oh, there are plenty of Holy Shit! moments this upcoming season to go around.
8. Thanks, I’m good.
Zoomeister writes: “Furthermore, how does that stack up to what we’ll see in season 2 of SGU?”
Answer: The Visual Effects for episode 3, Awakening, are probably the best we’ve done to date.
Randomness writes: “Any anime updates Joe?”
Answer: Nope. I haven’t been all that impressed with the last few titles I checked out. Watched the first two episodes of Eureka Seven. Meh.
Quade writes: “And what is a press junket? You just invite the media over to promote the show, talk to the cast?”
Answer: Pretty much, yeah.
anais33 a ecrit: “Si ce n’est pas déjà fait je vous conseille de lire “Stupeur et Tremblement”…on comprend tout de suite mieux.”
Reponse: Je l’ai déjà lu (le mois dernier) et vu le film. Maintenant, Akemi est entraine de le lire.
Nicholas T. writes: “Out of curiosity, do you all plan to have a big party for the season 2 opener?”
Answer: Nope. Why? Are you hosting one?
Deni writes: “Hi Joe, just curious, where was “Nightwalkers” filmed?”
Answer: I believe someone has already revealed the location was Steveston. Great place for fish ‘n chips!
Brian C. writes: “1. The main gun on destiny seemed kinda… lame. Can we assume that is suffering from disrepair will we see it repaired int the future for some space combat actions
2. The ancients surely packed more than two shuttles right?
3. The dome room that nearly swallowed Scott and co in the first episode, that looked pretty cool, any chance of seeing that again. It occurs to me that with some lighting that it would make an awesome arboretum.
4. Several not so spoiler friendly sites/shows have already shown [spoiler edit]. Will we get an answer to what happened to Dr Franklin now that we have core access.
Answers: 1. It’s not in disrepair but we have yet to really see it’s full potential.
2. If they did, they’re long gone.
3. Yep and you don’t say…
4. Stay tuned…