Whenever I visit a foreign country, I always like to check out the local fast food eateries for a taste of the strange yet familiar. For instance, last time I was in Japan, I went to McDonalds and had a hamburger – but not your run-of-the-mill hamburger. I had a Kuro Burger: a beef patty served between two black buns, topped with black cheese, bamboo charcoal, and squid ink ketchup. Overall, it was a resounding 5/10 on the burger scale. But the experience? Well, that was a 10/10!
Japanese McDonalds can always be counted upon to deliver some mighty unique menu items. I’m never disappointed. That being said, I AM disappointed in some of the menu items available at familiar fast food joints around the world – only insofar as I can’t get my hands on them.
Here are my Top 15 Strange But Familiar Fast Food Menu Items I’d Like To Try!
15. Burger King Chili Cheese Nuggets: Deep-fried cheese with fiery hot japalenos. (available: Austria)
14. McItaly Adagio Burger: Beef patty topped with eggplant mousse, ricotta salata, and tomatoes served in an almond topped bun (available: Italy)
13. Mcdonalds Le Poulet-Curry: Breaded chicken, potato pancakes, lettuce, and curry served on a mini baguette (available: France)
12. McRice Burger: Beef or chicken patties topped with lettuce, mayo, and Asian barbecue sauce served on crispy rice buns (available: Singapore)
11. McDonalds Ebi Filet: Fried shrimp patty with special sauce and lettuce (available: Japan)
10. McAloo Tikki Burger: Potato and chickpea patty with tomatoes, onions, and tomato mayonnaise (available: India)
9. Burger King Pumpkin Burger: Beef patty topped with fried kabocha squash, bacon, lettuce, and a creamy nut sauce (available: Japan)
8. McDonalds P’tit Beldi: Spiced halal meat, tomatoes, lettuce, and mayo (available: Morocco)
7. McPollo Italiano: Fried chicken patty topped with tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and guacamole (available: Chile)
6. McDonalds Bacon Roll: Bacon and ketchup on a hard roll (available: The U.K.)
5. McIberica: Beef patty topped with Iberico Ham, manchego cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and olive oil (available: Spain)
4. The McArabia: Grilled kofta patties, tomatoes, onions, lettuce, and tahini served in flatbread (available: Egypt, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia)
3. Dunkin’ Donuts’ Jalapeno Bulgogi Hot Dog: Marinated beef slices with jalapeños, melted cheese, and barbecue sauce (available: South Korea)
2. McSpicy Paneer: Fried paneer cheese patty topped with lettuce, red cabbage, and tandoori sauce (available: India)
1. Burger King X-Tra Long Chili Cheese Burger: Three beef patties, cheese and jalapenos (available: Austria, Germany, Netherlands)