Happy Anniversary to me! As someone has already pointed out, today marks the one year anniversary of this blog. Way back in November 21, 2006 when I composed my very first entry, I wrote:
“Unlike the last blog which focused on the show and its various behind-the-scenes happenings, this one will adopt a more scattershot approach, covering a variety of topics in a half-ass manner, ensuring that anyone checking it out in search of any one thing will come away feeling wholly dissatisfied or, at the very least, somewhat disappointed.”
Well, twelve months later, and even though I know I wasn’t able to dissatisfy everyone, I hope that, at the very least, I was able to disappoint each you at least once over the course of 360+ entries.
To commemorate the occasion, I thought I’d do something special. Not as special as a special 750 000th visitor “Virtual Dinner with Joe” giveaway of course. Something not-as-special-but-special-nevertheless. I am going to give away my (almost?) complete series run of Stargate SG-1 on DVD. I say almost because I can’t find season 10 but I’m sure it’ll turn up sometime between now and when I mail it off to the winner. And to be that lucky winner, all you have to do is answer the following questions that test your knowledge about me – or, more precisely, everything I’ve written about here over the past year – which really shouldn’t be that hard since you’re all regular readers who know this blog inside-out.
The first person to answer all questions correctly will receive the (almost?) complete Stargate SG-1 series on DVD which will ship out sometime in the New Year. If the winner resides outside of North America (in which case these Region 1 DVD’s would be all but useless to them) he/she will receive a just-as-special alternate prize that will prove just as thrilling.
Contest is open to all except relatives of Joseph Mallozzi and anonymous responders.
This may take a while…
1. Name 3 members of the League of Aliens and Mutants for Evil.
2. What was the warning on the cool Stargate Atlantis mug I received from MGM?
3. What is my dark horse football team of the 2007-2008 NFL season?
4. What did we find out we had unwittingly consumed in Japan when we ate a soup containing “milt”?
5. According to Cookie Monster’s account of a recent Games Night on Sesame Street, why was The Count arrested?
6. Name one of the ways I once suspected my wife of trying to kill me.
7. Who was my dog Jelly named after?
8. What was the title of the phony episode outline that “mistakenly” appeared on my blog?
9. What did Carl give Marty G. for his birthday this year?
10. What delightful delicacy have I likened to “tiny orange tongues”.
11. How did I kick-start my incredible weight-loss regimen of late 2006-early 2007?
12. What Marvel villain adorns my Bridge Studios pace card?
13. What mispronounciation during an audition for SG-1 villainess Adria almost had Paul, Andy Mikita, and myself on the floor?
14. What Disney movie did Carl Binder write the screenplay for?
15. What did Ben Browder say to Pierre Bernard upon first spotting him at this year’s Comic Con?
16. Name 3 authors (and their respective books) I have enjoyed reading.
17. How old was my grandmother when she passed away?
18. Name one of the fictitious anime characters (and the series they appeared in) I claimed to have voiced during a recent appearance at an anime con.
19. Name one of the top ten shows that influenced me growing up.
20. What is the name of Aloysius P. Hazzencockle’s orphanage?
UPDATE: STOP! PUT YOUR PENCILS DOWN! WE HAVE A WINNER! TO BE ANNOUNCED TOMORROW.