Today, we took Suji to another vet for a second opinion. As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, we fear that Suji’s neurological condition is worsening and a creeping paralysis is working its way through her body, making chewing and swallowing difficult. Lately, this has manifested in nasal discharge and choking. So Akemi and I are faced with the tough decision. Given her condition, we figured she had maybe days left at most…
BUT, miraculously, she seemed to bounce back today – as if she knew we were taking her to the vet. She demonstrated a good, healthy appetite, cleaning out half of the clinic’s collection of beef treats, and displaying NONE of the symptoms that had us worried over the past couple of days. She seems to be back to her old self. Almost. Somewhat quieter but certainly less sniffly.
So, for the time being, we’re going to keep an eye on her and play it by ear.
Thanks to everyone who posted and reached out with well-wishes and will keep you posted on our feisty, cantankerous gal.